This project is an independent “fork” of Firefox, with the primary goals of privacy security and user freedom. It is the community run successor to LibreFox
LibreWolf is designed to minimize data collection and telemetry as much as possible. This is achieved through hundreds of privacy/security/performance settings and patches. Intrusive integrated addons including updater, crashreporter, and pocket are removed too
LibreWolf is NOT associated with Mozilla or its products.
- Latest Firefox — LibreWolf is compiled directly from the latest build of Firefox Stable. You will have the the latest features, and security updates.
- Independent Build — LibreWolf uses a build independent of Firefox and has its own settings, profile folder and installation path. As a result, it can be installed alongside Firefox or any other browser.
- No phoning home — Embedded server links and other calling home functions are removed. In other words, minimal background connections by default.
- User settings updates — We keep up with gHacks-user.js and pyllyukko’s user.js
- Extensions firewall: limit internet access for extensions.
Download and Installation
TODO and Help Needed.
Please get in touch with us if you can help
Head over to our GitLab repositories or our Gitter room!
LibreWolf is a largely community-driven project and we don’t just say that. We encourage you to join us in our Gitter room.
Merge requests, bug reports, and feature requests are welcome in all our repositories. We value discussion, debate, and feedback.
If you wish to contribute a build for a currently unsupported browser, we will do our best to support you.
Mozilla Public License 2.0
LibreWolf is based on Librefox, whose development seems to have halted abruptly. We thank @intika and Librefox contributors for their work.
- The Mozilla team for their work on Firefox
- The Mozilla team for *ahem* making this project necessary
- The gHacks-user.js team and @pyllyukko for compiling their user.js files
Icons were created with images by OpenClipart-Vectors from Pixabay and from Vaadin on www.flaticon.com is licensed by CC 3.0 BY